Wednesday, January 30, 2013

2010-2011 School Year in Review

We moved to Hong Kong because I got my first teaching job after graduating from BYU. I was scared to death! The first few months were quite stressful and I had no idea what I was doing. I continued to work hard and I finally started to get the hang of things.School in HK can be pretty intense. The kids start attending school at a very young age and they push them hard. So here I was trying to make learning fun for the kids while trying to finish all of the silly workbooks I was supposed to have them do. It was tricky but I worked out a system. We were able to fly through their workbooks and have lots of extra time for the fun hands on learning I wanted to do. We had lots of sensory activities, dramatic play activities, games, crafts, P.E. activities, and the kids favorite Show-and-Tell. The kids learned a lot and I was amazed at the improvement they made in their English speaking skills. It was awesome to think that I helped them learn all those things. Teaching really is such a rewarding career. I really fell in love with all of the kids in my class. I will always remember my first year of teaching. I learned so much and had a blast. Here are some pictures I took throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment